Accessories are a great way to tie in all decors together. If you have taken a flat in a society where more or less flats are constructed similarly, it is the décor that differentiates them. They are a perfect way to add your personal touch to the space or you can say to make a statement. Accessories can rightly be called the soul of a room.
The best advantage of using these is that if you are afraid of using bold colours or patterns on walls you can use accessories to create a vibrant atmosphere and in case you don’t like they can be replaced easily without much fuss. Adding accessories is the last phase of the interior designing and it is the one that makes a room look smart, chic, and unified.
Smart accessorising is a secret weapon and there are some staples that never disappoint. Mixing them with personal treasures and interests create a perfect recipe for a warm and bright space.
Here is a list of 8 such design accessories, which will never disappoint you.
- Colour: A perfect way to brighten up a place is adding colour. It makes the place feel inviting, youthful and engaging. Add colours to the otherwise dull walls by throwing in lovely blankets, vases, paintings, pillows and rugs. Start in small instalments if you are not sure and if you like the pop of colour go for a little more. Colour is known to affect mood and make your living space a happy and energetic one.
- Light Up the Space with Lamps: A very practical approach to light up any corner you want! They are available in varied hues, shapes and can be used in numerous ways. They are a huge accessory opportunity and can be rearranged to change the look of the place. You can choose from metallic like brushed brass, copper etc. or go for artistic hand-woven ones or you can have painted lampshades. They can be used in pairs to add symmetry to the room. If the room is small, you can have them wall mounted. The only care to be taken is that the floor standing lamps should be tall and straight.
- Wallpapers: Now that your home is painted and all décor is done, still that zing is missing. Make use of wallpaper in the most unexpected place like for example on a ceiling. It is always fun to see something unexpected and that is what itches to the memory. So, if you have white walls, try using funky vibrant wallpaper on the ceiling of the room and see the dramatic effect it creates in the room. A great pattern or texture in small spaces can be a prodigious twist and you can easily get it by using wallpapers.
- Pottery: A very cheap and easy way to decorate the space is by making use of colourful pottery. You can paint it yourself if interested or get readymade pieces. You can stack them one above the other in descending order in a corner or place them on the mantel. You can fill water in a vase and keep floating candles or flowers in it. The options are unlimited.
- Showcase Your Personal Possessions: Your home should reflect you and what better thing than to use your personal possessions to decorate it. These things will fill the space with your personality, adventure and achievement. You will be surprised by the vibes that such décor will give. It will make you relive your past, make you happy in your present and you will be motivated for your future. So, don’t shy away from bringing in your own experience into your rooms.
- Sculpture: If you have a hobby or an interest, use the sculpture reflecting the same. The can be made a focal point of your space or can be used simply to complement depending upon your choice.
- Flowers: Fresh flowers can always be used in multiple ways and they always bring a smile to your face. It is one of the easiest ways to perk up your room. Choose flowers in random shades to offset your room’s colour scheme. Add branches and other backyard finds to add texture and volume.
- Candles: Have a collection of candlesticks and holders as accessories. They come handy to create a romantic mood when lit. You can display them on the mantle, side table or entry table. You can also have floating candles and use it in a flat vase at the entrance.
Decorating is an art and you can learn it fast if you try it. There is no hard and fast rule and also accessories are not like a marriage that you have to commit for life. You can always change it and in fact, you should change it after a while to give a fresh look to space.