StarCount dubbed as “The Social Playlist” has come out with an info-graphic of top 10 brands of 2013 on social media (various platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and so on..). Check out the list of brands below and the reason for their top rankings.
- Samsung Mobile: Samsung pushed technological boundaries this year, debuting curved screens and its flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone. The South Korean tech giant consistently produced engaging social content throughout 2013, which resulted in them gaining over 14 million fans on Facebook, 4 million followers on Twitter and over 86 million views on YouTube.
- Walt Disney: Captivating both young and old audiences around the world with its summer smash Monsters University, Disney has also found great success on social media this year. It gained nearly 1 million new fans on Chinese network Sina weibo, and just over 2 million on Facebook.
- National Geographic: Celebrating the publication’s 125th anniversary this year, National Geographic was the most popular brand on YouTube in 2013. Its videos were watched an incredible 160 million times.
- Nike: Nike embraced social media as a core part of its marketing campaigns in 2013, producing viral videos that featured some of the world’s biggest sports stars. Its YouTube videos were viewed over 50 million times this year.
- Google: With the unveiling of its revolutionary head-mounted display, Google Glass, it’s been a big year for Google. The tech giant has also impressed on social media – earning almost 3 million new fans on Facebook, putting its total following on the network above 15 million.
- Coca Cola: The drinks giant’s Share Coke campaign was a huge success, with over 15 million new fans liking its Facebook page in 2013. It also gained a massive 58 million views on its YouTube channel in the past year.
- MTV: Following the success of the MTV Video Music Awards in August, with raunchy performances by Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke, the music-video network enjoyed huge success on social media after a combined 10 million new fans following them across Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Facebook: Facebook solidified its position as the world’s most popular social media network this year. the California-based company is also the most followed brand on Facebook, after gaining 16 million fans on its own page in 2013.
- Instagram: Instagram has gone from strength to strength in 2013, after debuting video capability, which proved popular amongst its fans. their own official profile on Instagram gained a colossal 16 million new followers this year.
- YouTube: Thanks to Google’s streamlined integration of its YouTube and Google+ services, the video-sharing service has seen a huge rise in popularity on the world’ fourth most popular social network. Over 3 million fans followed YouTube on Google+ in 2013.
Here is the info-graphic: