When you plan on renovating or redesigning the entire house, do not forget residence floors, which are an important part of the interior design aspect. One can either do their flooring at the time of buying a new house; get floors modernized during your house remodeling project or whenever you feel that your house needs to be revamped. In any case, changing the already laid out flooring is quite a big task and can significantly transform the appearance and value of the house.
Before starting on your floor improvements project, you have to keep a number of points in mind. You should know about the types of flooring available in the market, the cost involved, are they easy to manage along with picking the best based on pattern and color of the floorings.
There are all sorts of flooring available in the market. The costs involved in remodeling the floor types vary considerably.
- Ceramic tile floorings are basically solid stone-type tiles that are found in many designs and patterns, for example; in square and rectangular shapes.
- Stone floorings are actual stones like marble and granite. They are strong and quite commonly used in the house overhaul.
- Wooden floorings are made from sturdy wooden logs and normally used in regions where the temperature is very low. This is because wood pieces tend to keep house warm and cozy. However, wooden floorings are difficult to maintain and quite costly.
- Laminated floorings are just like wooden floorings. However, they are prefinished, less costly and just glued on to the subfloor.
- Carpet flooring gives a malleable and comfortable feeling while being offered in various colors and different price range. The feel is just like that of a fabric on the floor.
- Vinyl flooring is comparatively cheaper than the other available options. It is essentially sheet-based and available in almost all sorts of shades and patterns.
You should be able to zero in on a particular type of flooring after knowing its pros and cons, as choosing the right design and color is quite essential for your home. Tight patterns in light colors are perfect for smaller rooms while on large rooms you have the luxury of choice. However if possible go with safe colors and patterns, keeping the wall paints in minds. This is because you normally don’t change the flooring as frequently you change the colours of the walls.
However, before getting on to remodeling your floors, you can flip a few home design magazines, search on the internet, for more information and discuss potential patterns with your interior designer to know what flooring will suit your house and go with other accessories.
We “suggest” you check out one of these 2 flooring options:
- Carriage House 5″ Locking Engineered Maple in Distressed Cocoa
- Carriage House 5″ Locking Engineered Maple in Distressed Ginger