A logo can convey so much about your company and its purpose. It is very important that it is designed well; if not, there are all the chances that it will be completely misleading people. It is good if you take an expert’s opinion before you design a logo for your company as that will be a representation of the company in the future; you wouldn’t want to mess that up right? It is absolutely fine if it takes a good investment of your time and money, but your intention must be to get it right with the first go.
Here are some important things that you need to keep in mind when you design your brand’s logo.
- Add More Info: It is very important that you do not include too many things in your logo, as it will make it very hard for people to understand. Instead of complicating things for your audience, it is best to stick to the basics and keep the logo simple.
- Follow Others: If you think you will fall back or if you are not confident about deciding the kind of logo you want, and then you follow others, eventually you will land up losing your originality
- Change It Often: This is a bad practice. If you think you can keep changing the logo as you prefer from time to time, then be rest assured that you will lose the brand value very soon and people will not recognize you as a valuable brand.
- Copying: This is a big ‘no’. If you want to set a good brand name and get a good reputation, you will have to stop copying others. Never ever create a logo, which looks like some other brand’s logo. It will impact your brand in a big way.
Here’s what you should do:
- Research and Define the Crowd: The main reason why companies create logo is to pull in target customers. Your logo has to be very appealing. Learn about your potential customers well and design a logo that will connect you with them and be rest assured you will have a huge fan-following for your logo.
- Be Unique: Take this as a golden opportunity to set yourself as a unique brand. Do all that it takes to help you reach that spot where people respect you for your uniqueness. You have to create a logo that has never been on anyone’s mind before. You may use interesting color combos and some interesting shapes to bring out that kind of a logo.
- Sketching: You may be stuck and short of ideas, so it is good to start off sketching. Put in all your ideas in the form of sketches and you might land up finding something you had never imagined that you would see. This is a phase where you are trying to explore a new idea and it is absolutely fine if you take more time in doing so, but the end results will be worthwhile.
- Go the Easy Way: The harder you try, the tougher it gets sometimes. Therefore, don’t punish yourself so much. Logos look great and appealing when they are simple in nature, so take that into consideration and go the easy way. Do not try and complicate the process. It will only make your life difficult.
- It Should Be Legible: The logo that you are designing has to be clear and legible. The clarity must not be impacted if the size of the logo changes, therefore you need to pay close attention to these details.
- The Font Effect: All the font sizes and colors you use will make a huge difference to your logo. This will not just make a difference on your logo, but also on the people’s perception about your brand, therefore it is good that you take an expert’s suggestion while you choose the font for your logo.
- Colorful Impact: Colors create an impact on the people and this is true. Different shades of colors bring in different emotions among the people; therefore you will have to play it safe while choosing the color combination for your logo. It will be great if you invest more time in understanding how colors impact human beings and then take the help of an expert in finding the appropriate color for your logo.
- People’s Opinion Matters: This is mandatory. You will have to take the opinion and suggestion of people once you have made a draft version of your logo. Everyone need not perceive things the way you do and people will have a lot of opinions. They can be critical or can suggest you something. Consider all of these while you make your final logo. Bring in your close friends or some experts who can help you in this process. It is always a good idea to ask for a feedback and you will not lose anything by doing so.
Many people just randomly create a logo for their company or brand without thinking much. This is a wrong approach. The above mentioned tips will help you create the logo that is best suited for your brand.