We renovate because we want to conjure up comfort in the home. Boosting up the comfort factor can significantly influence the sustainability of your personal abode. If you transform your living space into a more beautiful and comfortable environment, it is more likely that the occupants will automatically take better care of their space in a more sustainable way.
Some of the ways to brighten up your place are as under:
1. Use Mirror to Enlarge Your Space: Mirror is one of best decoration pieces to easily increase the depth of a room and give the illusion of a bigger space. If you have a small room, you can subtly use the mirror to make it twice as big as it is supposed to be.
2. Add Colour: A little wallpaper, paint, and or colourful accents could make such a big difference in your home. The way the light falls on different colours can completely transform a room. You can play between wallpapers or texture paints. You can highlight the place to which you want to draw peoples’ attention using these. This will bring instant change to the surrounding without spending much and without much trouble too. Just determine the most important wall in each room and paint it to your heart’s desire.
3. Use Stairs as Storage: This is by far the most innovative idea. The stairs are bound to take space in any home. Why not doubling the staircase as storage? Make each stair pulled out as a drawer to keep your stuff.
4. Use the Space below the Staircase: Space under stairs is always under-used. You can set up some hidden closets for your miscellaneous stuff and give your home a clean look. Alternately, if you don’t need the storage space, but an office space you can get it done there by getting an L-shaped platform with a chair. Have some shelves to store your office essentials. This place won’t provide privacy as a dedicated office, but it gives most you need as a home office.
5. Use Lighting to Amplify Perspective: The way you introduce light into space can have an enormous effect on an environment, hugely improving its quality and character. Reflective surfaces help bounce light around, augmenting the presence of natural light within a space. If there are not many options to get the natural lights make use of lamps, shades and other sources. By choosing a variety of light sources, you can create a sophisticated and elegant atmosphere.
6. Add a Green Touch: Adding greenery to house lifts up the ambience altogether. It makes you feel connected to nature too. Work out a plan to bring plants into the design as a creative layer. Some of the options are having indoor plants; line your windowsill with herbs in small designer pots or have flowering plants in the balcony. The choice is unlimited – all you need to figure out is what suits you the best.
7. Decorate the Walls: Instead of having bare walls, you can make a place vibrant by using a painting or photographs. The family photographs assembled in a collage or a lovely painting can do wonders. These days, Triptych is in vogue. You can get one according to your mood and taste. The other options can be adding wall shelves in the unutilized corners of the wall. It will make it look beautiful and at the same time, you will get a place to showcase your art pieces.
When it comes to renovating your home, every inch counts. Care should be taken not to waste the space, but at the same time, it should not look cluttered. The best strategy would be to first ask few questions to yourself before taking up the renovation task. Some of these questions can be:
• How can you make your existing house more tailored to the way you live and like?
• Do you need more space?
• What’s your colour preference?
• What’s your design style?
• What’s your budget?
• What exactly you want to renovate?
Depending upon what you need and what your constraints are, you can decide how to renovate your house. The ingenious home improvements run from architecture design to product design, cover designs for limited space and budget to some pretty luxurious request.
The architects and interior designers these days are inclined towards showing sensitivity to local conditions and traditions. They are trying to design the interiors in a way that it reflects the area and culture a person belongs to.
The tips discussed above will definitely help you get some inspiration in designing a cool and dream home.