Mobile apps are playing an important role in our lives these days. Be it for booking tickets or paying bills, people use apps. As per the recent BI intelligence report, the number of purchases that were made via handheld devices shot up by close to fifty percent on a year-on-year basis. A vast majority of people are using mobile apps these days for pretty much everything and more than half of the website traffic for most of the online retail stores comes from mobile devices.
There have been a lot of discussions about what the future of mobile apps will be. Here are six predictions about the future of the mobile app designing.
1) All the Apps Will Be Using Cloud Technology: It is a fact that cloud technology played a vital role in the process of app development for mobile in the past few years. Experts are predicting that this trend will continue in future. The reason why many people feel this way is because the app developers can manage the memory problem as well as bandwidth in a much better manner. One more reason is the app users will be able to connect the apps via other devices due to the compatibility provided by cloud technology. This will certainly bring about the cloud technology to the forefront. The developers will be able to make apps that can include the same functionality across all the other devices.
2) Security of Apps Will Be a Priority: The app security was a major concern until recently. Apple and Google are likely to come with some tough measures to ensure that all the apps are highly secure. As most of the apps are taking in the personal details of the users, it has become a mandate that they are highly secured. Google is taking special measures to ensure that apps can function securely, without compromising the standards of the Google app platform. Therefore, experts predict that major importance will be given to app security.
3) More People Will Use Enterprise Apps: The number of apps that are available in the app market, both Google and Apple included, is close to 5 million as of last year’s report. This is huge and it goes on to show the potential of the app markets. Compared to the other apps, those related to enterprise have more traction. More than twenty percent of global developers are aiming at enterprise apps, which will give them a lot of monetary benefits. There is huge money potential in the enterprise app segment. Experts predict that people will continue with this trend and there are some sources that foresee at least forty percent of enterprises owning its own mobile app going forward.
4) IoT Will Be the Next Major Thing: There has already been a big hype created around the Internet of Things. This is believed to take app designing and development to the next level. As per the reports from Cisco, The Internet of Things is bringing in around twenty trillion dollars of value to all the major industries. It is expected that the product and suppliers of IoT will cross three hundred billion dollars by the end of 2020. Therefore, it will be a great strategy to go with the flow of the current market. The success that iWatch has seen is massive and this is the way it is going to be in the future.
5) There Has Been a Great Increase in Wearable Devices: These devices are going up in numbers with so many brands that are getting popular among the users. These include the accessories for the television, cars and so on. The makers of the app will have a great scope as well as challenges as they have to now design software not just for mobiles, but also for the other connected devices. As technology is reaching new heights, the companies these days have to embrace the change and the trend to keep it going strong.
6) The Micro Moment Way: This is one more prediction made by the industry experts; the techniques of the users for engagement purposes are now going the micro moment way. This will give way to the developers to approach app making in a different way and ensure that the program will be able to connect with the users in a much easier way. Experts feel that the need for singular apps is no more a mandate and therefore the developers must be able to connect with the users many a times.
The way technology is being defined these days is making things more refined in all the segments, especially in the app making segment. The above mentioned predictions are just a few; however, these are certainly going to be a reality soon. The app making business has a huge potential and the big companies are doing everything to make it click for them.