7 Sure Signs That Your Logo Needs a Redesign
Logos have a huge relevance historically, when it comes to speaking to people. In the earlier years, if you spotted a shoe on a board, it would have meant it was a shop where shoes were available. At that time, many people did not understand what it actually meant. Things have changed considerably now. A brand’s visual appeal is a really critical aspect to interact with the audience. This is probably the first sort of impression that you will be creating in their minds. This is probably the most effective way you have with you in order to bring the people towards your company. A lot of things influence your audience’s perception regarding your brand like typography, color as well as graphics used; if it is not put together rightly, then you may lose a lot of your customers.
Brand is a very important thing if you have a company. Just like the other sectors like finance, research and development, even marketing plays a major role in a company. It is with effective marketing that you can reach out to a wide range of audience and sell your products and services. You need to create a brand value when you own a company so that people will recognize your company with that brand. A logo plays a very important role in creating this brand awareness among the people. Therefore, a logo has to be so appealing that it should be in the minds of the customers forever. If you succeed in it, then you are really a successful businessman.
Logo design actually lies at the centre or rather at the heart of branding. These are mostly referred as the brand mark since these are utilized in the products, sites, cards and all the company-related documents. A logo actually represents your company; it communicates to the people about the main idea behind the brand and conveys a story to the customers about the brand. Now in this scenario, think that the logo design is not effective; then your audience will definitely not understand what your logo is conveying and might get a totally different message altogether – this is absolutely bad.
In the world of business, brand identity is what is of utmost importance. You have to make sure that your logo looks just perfect with the right combination of colors, design and also fonts. Similarly, there is also the brand image – the way your audience will see you, their feelings as well as thoughts when they see the brand’s logo. In case they are not on par with one another, then the business is not paying much attention to its people.
Now assume that you have been spending a lot of money, time as well as effort in designing the brand. Assume that you are marketing and promoting the products with the logo in all the possible venues and still the response you get for your product is not great. Then, what could be wrong? There are many things that could have not been right with the logo design. You may even have to reconsider redesigning the logo.
Here are a few reasons why you need to consider a logo redesign.
- You will have to use designs that are appropriate for your business. In case you use some sort of shield and sword in your logo and if you are into food business, then it completely conveys a wrong message.
- Check if your logo actually communicated the brand values of your company. If you are in a business, then it will surely grow and expand and it will also venture into selling new products and services. You need to see if your logo will still be able to represent your company at that stage.
- The audience may be offended with some of the shapes or the symbols that are used in the logo. Some symbols can be totally irrelevant to your business or some can fail to convey anything at all about your business. You need to check if your logo has failed to attract the customers for the business.
- There has been a great improvement in the technology and these days everything is digitized. The media has become advanced and therefore it needs bigger resolutions as well as graphic details. You need to ensure that your logo is compatible with that of the current platforms.
- Some firms overuse some symbols when they are creating the logo and at times even add multiple colors and use a lot of fonts. This will only make the logo look confusing and people will not remember your logo. Check if your logo is tough for your audience to understand.
- You need to make sure that your logo is able to convey the brand story. If it does not, you may rework on your logo.
- You don’t have to burn holes in your pockets to hire the best logo design company in the world necessarily, and you can simply find someone on Fiverr to get the job done for $5 or go to marketplaces like Bloggers World, but if you’re looking for professional help, you should certainly set some budget aside.
These are some of the sure signs, which convey that you need to redesign your logo.
Related Design Articles:
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Welcome to DesigningTips.com
Recent Design Articles
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting Provider?
- Motion Design: The Future of User Interface
- Top 7 Relaxing Beach-Inspired Home Decor Ideas
- How Is Mobile App Design Refining User Experience In 2016?
- Animation and Motion: The New Mobile User Experience Design Material
- 6 Stylish Ceiling Design Ideas to Spice up Your Home